Monday, April 20, 2009

The UPDATE continues!!

I told you that I was going to update...I'm serious. No more messing around!

HALLOWEEN 2008

Here is our "little" Maci. I think she will always be little Maci. She is so pettite(sp?) This halloween she was raggedy ann, duh like you couldn't see that, But this year was special cause that is actually the same costume that my mom made for me and wore. My mom had saved it in her box of costumes just because, who would have thought my own daughter would have worn it! She looked like a doll don't you think? Makes you wanna pick her up and squeeze her!




I think that Tyler's Uncle John (who passed a few years ago) who was a CRAZY ASU fan would be proud. Breeana has a thing for ASU. Jayse is more like a ASU/and slight U of A fans at times. Breeana is an ASU die hard like her dad. Since Football season is in during halloween she was really into the cheerleaders, I am pretty positive that is what brought on the cheerleader costume. At the beginning of the football season somehow we managed to convince her that it was ok NOT to be a cheerleader for Jayse's team. But WOW did she amaze us when she knew all of the cheers!! Bounus for us-she even had a dance to the ASU fight song!! She did a great job at it too. She was an awesome cheerleader. Her dad was loving it! GO DEVILS!!



Well I think this was about the time when I actually gave up on the blog..... The time of year that our house gets crazy. No, really.... I think you have no idea. The mom at this house goes into "crafty" mode wait, I mean "crazy" mode. It actually only lasted about 2 months. I did a craft boutiqe. I really do love it, (Tyler hates it) I just don't love the aftermath ( that I am still trying to pick up all the pieces 4 months later) I usually work crazy, then just die afterwards. I make a ton of stuff, then clear everything out of the house and open it up for the weekened. This year we were open two weekeneds which was unusual. This year I also had several friends come and bring their crafts which made it nice and there was a great variety for everyone who came. My sisters and mom also make baked christmas goodies. People look forward to it every year. I always have early birds! I was a little skeptical and worried this last year with the economy and all, but it turned out to be one of the best years so far. (See those Merry Christmas blocks in the second picture. I thought they were so darn cute, so I made some. I ended up with 10 orders! That is a little unusual)




OK well dang, what do I say about this........It all started with Tyler asking/begging my cousin to take him Lion hunting, and the rest is history...... Just kidding. This is Tylers first mountain lion. It is now at the taxidermist, waiting to turn into a really expensive rug to hang on the wall!! Well the rest of the story is, Is that Tyler is really good at hunting and he LOVES it, way more than I wished he did,( and that's no secret) BUT remember he's really good at it, and for that reason, my cousin has asked him to partner with him in a guide service for Lion hunting. So because he was gone already alot with work, now he is gone more taking people hunting mostly on the weekends. And because Tyler is good at so many things he has created a website with pictures and video and stuff about the business. You can check it out at www.chasintailaz.com I don't know all that fancy stuff how to just click on the link, but check it out anyway.....It's still in the early stages of getting started, so we'll see what happens. Way to go Tyler.



This picture was long overdue for an UPDATE!! It has been about 7 years since we had a family picture. The family had changed and grew a whole lot! We had such a great time getting pictures. We took pictures at 2 different places, we had one of Nathan's friends take them for us and I think we took pictures for about 3 hours!! Since some of us had other plans for Thanksgiving we decided that we would do a picture and then have our dinner the weekened before. It was so nice. I don't think that we have had a thanksgiving all together ever. We were always missing someone for some reason. So this was a first for us... how sad to say huh? Oh well. it was a good time. The kids had a blast with the leaves!!






**The Annual Parris/Burketts Christmas Party.**
Our Grandma is so awesome because she has these special connections to have santa, and his is ALWAYS able to visit us early. He always knows about all the kids- sometimes he does get them a little mixed up with who lives where and with what parents--- it really is confusing. things change every year.....But nonetheless he does a pretty darn good job!! He always bring the kids a bag with stuff... He's such a good sport, he even lets the adults sit on his lap, then everyone has to dig him out of the chair he is sitting on when it's time to leave. Its a fun tradition we have along with candy houses-The candy houses are actually grandmas idea that the parents just LOVE! Right Becky?? You know how the saying goes. sugar 'em up and send 'em home. Yea grandma's pretty good at that. The kids love to be together with their cousins causing trouble usually. The adults had it pretty easy this year. We got a hotel (oh year, plus Maci- Grandma isn't that lucky to keep her YET!!) and left all 13 grandkids at grandmas for a HUGE slumber party. Our grandma is AMAZING isn't she? We love her!! The kids also loved her when surprise all MATCHING PAJAMAS!!! YAY!!! They looked so cute, even big girls Taylor and Morgan..Thank you grandma we love you!! You're the best!




1 comment:

Colton and Ashley said...

All I have to say is what does Grandpa Bernal think about that little cheerleading outfit? I bet he was crying.