Sunday, April 19, 2009

PLEASE nobody pass out!!

I know you are all in what some people might refer to as a state of SHOCK!!! Yes, I actually have given our blog a complete makeover and Oh yea what's that word again UPDATE well I know you can't believe it, but guess what people BELIEVE IT, cause it's true, you're lookin at it. Some people think that i have "nothing" to do. Well that is a little false, perhaps that's kinda why the blog has gone un updated for so long??? I guess I just haven't had my priorities in order. Ha! It has actually seemed a bit like a circus around here. I am going to try and give you the short version of the last 6 months if that's even possible. So I guess for all of you who are just being nosey (that would be me too, it's okay I'm a blog surfer too) and want to know what we've been up to or, who have nothing to do obviously that is why you're reading our blog, you can just sit back, relax, and keep checking back often. I am going to try and get us caught up in the bloggin world. Oh and did I mention that the other reason I am updating is so that we can get our names off the bottom of everyone's list!!! Enjoy and I'm sure I'll hear from you....probably something like, it's about time blah blah blah!! yea I already know......

So for all of you who are dying to know, I'm finally going to let the suspense end for you all and I'll finish tell you what happened to the birthday girl!! She had a great birthday. Her and her cousin Lexi- who is Melinda's daughter have the same birthday. Yes, the same birthday, don't ask me how in the world it happened! Breeana was born in the morning, and Lexi was born late at night. For her birthday I made little mini pizzas and everybody got to make their own pizza. We also had a pinata, and Pink cupcakes at Breeana's request. She is a pink prissy girl. She is in to doing her hair I think about 20 times a day. You think I am kidding. headbands, buns, barettes, bobby pins you name it...., she even asked me if she could have my broken flat iron. Everytime I see her she has a new hairdo! I am glad that she can do her own hair though. She loves to brush my hair as well. Oh and she loves the lip gloss and make up. The only thing about this is, is that Maci is usually right beside her!! She loves to color, play my little pony, listen to music, she loves Hannah Montana if you couldn't tell- I"m not sure how that even started cause I don't even let her watch the show, still don't. She is a little poser for the camera. Anyway we love her and she is growing up way to fast!






So about two weeks after Breeanas birthday, the next exciting birthday we had was Tylers. October 18th. We had his most favorite dinner -steak- (I think he would have this every night if he could.) The only bad thing about this birthday dinner was that he had to cook his own dinner. He is "king of the grill" at our house and it's cause he does an awesome job!! We went over to my mom and had a "birthday" dinner with her too. Her birthday is Oct 16th. It was her 50th. I just decided that birthday are near as fun when you older. Seems like just another day... But we tried to make them fun. huh Tyler? Jayse wanted to get him, and he was very specific. A long sleeve, camo, ASU shirt. How in the would he came up with that I don't know. Breeana always thinks he needs a new ASU hat.... that's cause she isn't the one having to put them away. It was a good day. Happy Birthday to Tyler! I can't believe I almost forgot. He did get his most favorite cake in the world the 15 pound chocolate lovers cake from costo. It is the best!!!MMmmmmm ....I (We) love you Tyler!!! xoxoxo



This was probably one of the BIGGEST birthdays and the last birthday of the year, and WOW! We went out with a bang! Jayse had his eighth birthday. Can't believe I have a son who is eight years old and old enough to be baptized!! unbelieveable!!! I remember thinking when he was about 3 years old that how long it was going to be before he would get baptized. How times flies. He looks just like Tyler too!!

He dad wants things to be just like it was for him. On his eighth birthday he got a BB Gun, so guess who got a BB gun for their birthday?? Jayse. He and his dad waited a long time for this one!! He has loved it. He can't even sit at the table and eat his breakfast in the morning without looking for birds. Kinda drives me crazy cause then he has to stop and try and get the bird. so you could say it's a little distracting in the mornings! The first thing he does when he comes home is you guessed it. BB Gun. I always get the "hold on, " just a minute I just need to get this bird." I do have to say that he is a pretty good shot!! One day he came walking up and I noticed the bird was looking pretty blue and green kinda like a parakeet. I looked and him and thought Oh no, he killed someone's pet bird. I think it made him feel really bad. I immediatedly started questioning him if the neighbors had a bird and they didn't. He was nervous at what his dad was going to say, but It ended up that it looked like it someones bird had been on the loose for a while...Whew! Tyler and I had a little chuckle after he walked away of course....Jayse loves Hunting and sports, riding dirt bikes, Hummm...sounds like someone else I know. I wonder where he gets it......His dad!!! Like Father like son or however that saying goes. He hates homework, I'm not sure what 8 year old boy "likes" homework. He does really good in school when he tries, he gets side-tracked with other things like visiting.....He is a great artist with an imagination!!! He loves to make his sisters laugh!! We're glad Jayse is the big brother in our family.





So this was the big baptism day. Saturday, November 1, 2008 This was an extra special day for several reasons.

1. Because Jayse was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by his dad.
2. 'Cause his cousin Cayden waited 2 months! so that they could be baptized on the same day, Both by uncle Tyler and dad. What a fun memory!!
3. Jayse's Grandma Bernal and Both of the boys Grandma Parris gave great talks at their baptism. Grandma Parris made them each a baptism towel with their names on them.
4. Jayse and Cayden's PaPa Larry flew from Athens Texas, and MaMa Paula made them each a quilt(comforter) Papa Larry shared his testimony.
5. Family and friends were able to be there on their special day.
6. Jayse's mom was actually early and not late to the baptism!!!!

Jayse and Tyler (two of the most handsomest boys!!)


Uncle Tyler( Dad) Jayse and Cayden


Here are two future missionaries!!

They quilt made by MaMa Burkett....Jayse's favorite too....deer hunting



So this was really fun. We had to have something to entertain some kids, cause there were alot of counsins and friends after lunch, we wanted a jumping castle, but they were all rented out, but wait we got an even better deal!!! A HUGE slide. The kids had a blast on this, but I think the adults had an even better time!


It seemed like everytime we turned around one of the kids was hurt and crying............

I think they all took a turn at being hurt...

Despite all the craziness it was a nice and fun weekened.( it always is if it involves our favorite Aunt Becky and Uncle Chad, Cayden and RiKenna.....)We are glad that Jayse and Cayden made the choice to be baptized.

This is the end of the Birthday Bashes until 6 more months!









2 comments:

Curtis Chicks said...

Yes, its about time blah blah blah.

Glad you finally updated and got off the bottom of my blog!

Looks like everyone had a fun time getting hurt on the slide!

Make sure Tyler doesn't let Jayse shoot a kid on the back of a 4wheeler ok? haha!

Becky said...

I'm not EVEN gonna comment....except for that fact that of course we're the favorite...HELLOOO :)